Vin de Pays of the Loire Valley. It represents a production of 10,000 bottles per vintage. This is a wine blended from Grolleau Noir, Gamay and Cabernet Franc.
Grape variety :
- 45% Grolleau Noir, 45% Gamay and 10% Cabernet Franc. This blending may vary depending on the vintage.
Type of soil :
- Sandy loam and micaschist.
Age of vines :
- 15 to 20 years.
Vinification Method :
- Manual harvest.
- Gamay and Grolleau are vinified in carbonic maceration.
- Cabernet, after de-stemming, undergoes a traditional maceration for 5 days with daily pumping-over.
- The fermentation takes place in vats and partly in barrels.
- Grolleau gives peppery aromas and the Gamay some notes of fresh fruit.
- Cabernet brings structure and vanilla.