This wine is a single plot selection. The name of this cuvee comes from the cadastral register. The vines are farmed in short cane pruning (2x3 buds) and trellised. They have been ploughed for 12 years. Severe budding allows us to limit the yield to only 35 hectolitres per hectare. This wine is uncompromising. The absence of blending makes it reflect the vintage.
Grape Variety :
Type of soil :
- Sand and shale.
- South-East facing plateau.
Age of vines :
Vinification method :
- Manual harvest with sorting of the grapes.
- Must settling to obtain a high aromatic finesse.
- Fermentation with natural yeast.
- During the winter, the wine remains on its lees which are regularly stirred.
- The bottling takes place in late spring.
- This wine is uncompromising.
- No blending with other of plots or vats, it reflects the vintage.
- The minerality of this cuvee derives from the shale soil.
- It moves on to slightly stony notes reminding wines such as Ribeauvillé Riesling.
- Storage : 5 years
- Food pairing : (Oysters from Marennes Oléron.
Carpaccio of Scallops with lemon.
Grilled gilthead sea bream.